Accueil > Sources historiques > Base de données bio-bibliographiques historiques sur les artistes canadiennes > ZIEGLER, Anne Jaffray
Base de données d'artistes
ZIEGLER, Anne Jaffray
- Toronto, Ontario, 1896
- Oakville, Ontario, 1981
- Notice biographique
- Anne Alberta Jaffray Ziegler was born in Toronto, Ontario in 1896. She studied art with F. McGillivray Knowles, J.W. Beatty and Frank Johnston. Ziegler's preferred medium was oil, and she represented mostly Ontario landscape, with some still life and portrait work. She taught art at the Brockville Collegiate night school and painted in Algonquin Park, Georgian Bay, as well as near Brockville. She married Walter Ziegler in 1924 and they lived in Guelph, Ottawa and Oakville as well as Brockville. As recently as 1996 Ziegler's work was shown in a solo exhibition at the McLaren-Barnes Gallery in Oakville, Ontario. Her work has also been collected by the University of Guelph. Ziegler passed away in 1981 in Oakville, Ontario.
- Private study (Sous la direction de F. McGillivray Knowles, J.W. Beatty, Frank Johnston)
- Lieux de conservation des dossiers et archives
- National Gallery of Canada, ON - Library and Archives
- Canadian Women Artists History Initiative Documentation Centre, QC
Documents sur l'artiste
- "Fall Exhibition Schedule; McLaren-Barnes Gallery." Magazin'Art 9.1 (Fall 1996): 110.
- Prakash, A. K. Independent Spirit: Early Canadian Women's Art. Buffalo, New York: Firefly Books, 2008.
- Tatham, David, ed.. North American Prints, 1913-1947: An Examination at Century's End. Syracuse, NY: Syracuse University Press, 2006.
- Westbridge, Anthony R. The Collector's Dictionary of Canadian Artists at Auction. Vancouver: Westbridge Publications, 2001.