Accueil > Sources historiques > Base de données bio-bibliographiques historiques sur les artistes canadiennes > MCGEOCH, Lillian Jean
Base de données d'artistes
MCGEOCH, Lillian Jean
- Sundridge, Ontario, 1903
- ?, 1992
- Notice biographique
- Lillian McGeoch was born at Sundridge, Ontario in 1903. She studied at the Ontario College of Art under J.W. Beatty and G.A. Reid and at summer school at Port Hope. She also studied and worked in various groups in Toronto, Nova Scotia and Rockport, Maine, United States. While studying at the Toronto Central Technical School under Alfred Howell she won two successive scholarships. She also worked as a free lance commercial artist and taught art to various art groups. She was devoted to landscape and still life with different media, including oil, tempera (in painting); she also did metal work, wood carving and clay work. Her paintings were exhibited in several solo exhibitions at Halifax (1950); the Toronto Lyceum Club (1957); the Women’s Art Association, Toronto (1961); Richview Library, New Toronto., Ontario. (1967, 1969); Newport Hotel, Clarkson, Ontario (1968) and at the Douglas Art Gallery, Toronto.
- Wood carving
- Ontario College of Art & Design (formerly Ontario School of Art) (Sous la direction de J.W. Beatty and G.A. Reid)
- Lieux de conservation des dossiers et archives
- Canadian Women Artists History Initiative Documentation Centre, QC
- Art Gallery of Ontario - Edward P. Taylor Research Library and Archives
- Library and Archives Canada / Bibliothèque et Archives Canada, ON
- London Public Library, ON
- National Gallery of Canada, ON - Library and Archives
- University of British Columbia - Fine Arts Library
- Winnipeg Art Gallery, MA - Clara Lander Library
Documents sur l'artiste
- “Art Exhibition at Richview.” Etobicoke Press 13 Mar. 1969.
- “Art Show Planned.” Advertiser (Toronto) 28 Sept. 1967.
- “Newport Art Exhibition.” Mississauga News 6 Mar. 1968.
- MacDonald, Colin S.. The Dictionary of Canadian Artists. (Volumes 1-8 by Colin S. MacDonald, and volume 9 by Anne Newlands and Judith Parker) Ottawa: National Gallery of Canada, 2009