Accueil > Sources historiques > Base de données bio-bibliographiques historiques sur les artistes canadiennes > KEENE, Violet (Perinchef)
Base de données d'artistes
KEENE, Violet (Perinchef)
- Bath, England, 1893
- Oakville, Ontario, 1987
- Notice biographique
- Keene was the daughter of Minna Keene, pictorialist and portrait photographer, and it was in her mother's studio in Montreal that Keene first learned to use a camera. The family later moved to Toronto where Keene began her own distinguished career in portrait photography, keeping "Keene" as her working name when she married Harold Edgar Perinchief. Keene photographed many important artists and statesmen, including the Governor General of Canada, Aldous Huxley, and George Bernard Shaw. She was also the manager of Eaton's College Street Portrait Studio. During her lifetime Keene's work was exhibited widely in Europe and North America.
- Private study (Sous la direction de Minna Keene)
- Lieux de conservation des dossiers et archives
- Canadian Women Artists History Initiative Documentation Centre, QC
- Library and Archives Canada / Bibliothèque et Archives Canada, ON
- National Gallery of Canada, ON - Library and Archives
- Art Gallery of Ontario - Edward P. Taylor Research Library and Archives
- University of Toronto Libraries, ON
Documents sur l'artiste
- "Many Fine Pictures in New Collection." Globe (Toronto) 16 Oct. 1934: 8.
- "PERINCHIEF, Violet Keene A.R.P.S." Globe and Mail (Toronto) 12 May 1987: A15.
- "Violet Keene's Artistic Photographs." Globe (Toronto) (11 Oct. 1932): 16.
- Boston Camera Club, and Boston Art Club. Catalogue of the Third (First International) Salon. Boston: Boston Art Club, 1934.
- Cercle photographique de Charleroi. Catalogue du IIme salon Albert Ier: Exposition internationale de photographie d'art. Brussels: Cercle photographique de Charleroi, 1935.
- Jones, Laura. Rediscovery: Canadian Women Photographers 1841-1941, May 13th-June 27th, 1983. London, Ontario: London Regional Art Gallery, 1983.
- McMann, Evelyn de Rostaing. Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, Formerly Art Association of Montreal: Spring Exhibitions, 1880-1970. Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 1988.
- Roseborough, Everett. "Recollections and a Chronology of Violet Keene." Photographic Canadiana 15.4 (Jan. - Feb. 1990): 5-8.
- Royal Photographic Society of Great Britain. The Illustrated Catalogue: The Royal Photographic Society's 80th Annual International Exhibition. London: Royal Photographic Society, 1935.