Sources historiques >
Base de données bio-bibliographiques historiques sur les artistes canadiennes >
Base de données d'artistes
- Quebec, 1904
- ?, ?
- Notice biographique
- Aline Lemay, whose name is alternatively spelled 'May', studied photography under her father, Joseph-Eudore Lemay, at his studio in Chicoutimi. She became his assistant around 1925 and worked in his studio retouching photographs. Lemay took over Le Studio Lemay in 1945. Her portraits were considered unique for the demonstrated skill and the degree of retouching. She was known for her precision and attention to minute details. Le studio Lemay closed in August 1967.
- Private study (Sous la direction de Joseph-Eudore Lemay)
- Lieux de conservation des dossiers et archives
- Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec
- Canadian Women Artists History Initiative Documentation Centre, QC
Documents sur l'artiste
- Marcil, Madeleine. Femmes et photographie au Québec, 1839-1940. Montreal: Université du Québec à Montréal, 1990.
- Marcil, Madeleine. "Images de femmes: Les Québécoises photographes." Cap-aux-Diamants: La revue d'histoire du Québec 21 (1990): 39-41.