Accueil > Sources historiques > Base de données bio-bibliographiques historiques sur les artistes canadiennes > PAVELIC, Myfanwy Spenser Campbell
Base de données d'artistes
PAVELIC, Myfanwy Spenser Campbell
- Victoria, British Columbia, 1916
- Victoria, British Columbia, 2007
- Notice biographique
- Myfanwy Pavelic met Emily Carr at the age of eight and at the young age of 15 she was asked to show her drawings in an exhibition at Carr's Peoples' Gallery. Although she originally studied music in hope of becoming a concert pianist, she gave this up due to health problems and focussed on painting. She experimented with collage from 1968 to 1976. During the 1970s Pavelic became part of a Victoria group of artists, the Limners. Originally a portrait painter who did portraits of Pierre Elliot Trudeau and Yehudi Menuhin, she chose landscapes as a subject in later life. The major part of her works are held in The Art Gallery of Victoria, the Maltwood Art Museum and Gallery, Vancouver Art Gallery and some works are also found at the National Gallery of Canada and the National Portrait Gallery, London, England.
- Lieux de conservation des dossiers et archives
- Art Gallery of Ontario - Edward P. Taylor Research Library and Archives
- Edmonton Art Gallery, AB - Library
- London Public Library, ON
- Montreal Museum of Fine Arts / Musée des Beaux-Arts de Montréal, QC
- Musée d'art contemporain de Montréal, QC - Media Centre
- University of British Columbia - Fine Arts Library
- University of Victoria, BC - McPherson Library
- Winnipeg Art Gallery, MA - Archives
- Artexte Information Centre, QC - Documentation Centre
- Canadian Women Artists History Initiative Documentation Centre, QC
- Hamilton Public Library, ON - Local History and Archives Department
- National Gallery of Canada, ON - Library and Archives
- University of Calgary Library, AB
- Vancouver Art Gallery, BC - Library
- Vancouver Public Library, BC - Fine Arts and History Department
Documents sur l'artiste
- Inner Likeness: A Portrait of Myfanwy Pavelic. Victoria: Welcome Channel, 1992.
- Myfanwy Pavelic. St. John's, Newfoundland: Art Gallery, Memorial University Extension Service, 1971.
- Amos, Robert. "Portrait Artist Myfanwy Pavelic Dies at 91." Times Colonist (Victoria) 8 May 2007.
- Art Gallery of Victoria. Collages: Myfanwy Pavelic. Victoria: Art Gallery of Greater Victoria, 1976.
- Bovey, Patricia. Myfanwy Pavelic: Inner Explorations. Victoria: Art Gallery of Greater Victoria, 1994.
- Defina, Carol. Altered Ego: Works by Myfanwy Spence Pavelic. Women in Focus, 1986.
- Edwards, Murray. Myfanwy Pavelic, Art on Video. Victoria: University of Victoria, 1991.
- Graham, Colin. Myfanwy Pavelic. Victoria: Art Gallery of Greater Victoria, 1964.
- Graham, Colin. Myfanwy Spencer Pavelic. Burnaby: Burnaby Art Gallery, 1978.
- Graham, Colin. Relationships: Myfanwy Spencer Pavelic, RCA. Victoria: Morris Publishing, 1985.
- Skelton, Robin. Myfanwy Pavelic, RCA. Victoria: Utley Gallery, 1977.
- Skelton, Robin. The Limners. Victoria: The Pharos Press, 1972.
- Skelton, Robin. "Myfanwy Pavelic: Perception & Solitude." Malahat Review 23 (Jul. 1972).
Documents rédigés par l'artiste
- Pavelic, Myfanwy. Myfanwy Spencer Pavelic: A selection of works, 1950-1978. Burnaby: Burnaby Art Gallery, 1978.