Artist Database >
Bio-bibliographic Database >
- England, 1826
- England, 1907
- Biography synopsis
- Julia Bullock-Webster spent only two years of her life in Canada, in Keremeos, British Columbia, 1894-1896. Bullock-Webster kept a diary of her stay (in the collection of the Archives of British Columbia). She did some paintings in watercolour, botanical studies and sketches of the landscape around Keremeos. The Art Gallery of the South Okanagan owns 34 watercolours.
- Media used
- File & Archive locations
- British Columbia Archives
- Canadian Women Artists History Initiative Documentation Centre, QC
- Adams, John. "'Charm in the Wilderness' (Grist Mill, Keremeos)." Beautiful British Columbia Magazine 41.1 (Spring 1999): 45.
- Skidmore, Pat. "Julia Bullock-Webster (1826-1907)." http://www.galleries.bc.ca/agso/jbulweb.html AGSO, 2006.